– How to play up as you create
– How to truly feel joy during the creative process
– How to create your most joyful art
– The 7 stages of the creative process – including doubt!
– The glee and magic of mixing your own colours
– Valuing values (….this has been said to be worth the price of admission alone!)
– Composition tips that will easily take your art to the next level
– What to do when you’re blocked, stuck, or f*cked
– The 5 elements that all great paintings possess (you’re going to be surprised about #3), and how to incorporate them into your art
– How to discover your voice and harness the unique energy you bring to your art
– Cassandra’s personal painting techniques and process (this is gold!!)
– How to choose your colour combinations that sing in a more intuitive way
– How to use meditation and journaling to guide your art
– How to let go of fear, doubt and inhibitions as you create
– How to embrace our own intuition as an artist
– Cassandra’s secrets to expressing your feelings, inspiring yourself and taking your art higher
“Will you make an artist play date with me in my home city- Kerikeri, in The beautiful Bay of Islands!? Consider getting together with a bunch of workmates, family or friends—or fly solo and meet some fun-loving new people.
I love sharing the joy of creating amazing abstracts with people who turn up to my class looking for artistic inspiration or simply questioning, “I wonder if there’s an artist in me?” Or “Can I let go of detail and create something abstract.” Brilliant results are always achieved!
It doesn’t matter how much or how little skill you have as an artist, it doesn’t matter how old you are, it doesn’t matter what your background is… All that matters is giving yourself permission to play, have fun, connect with your Creative Spirit and express yourself joyfully.”
$2997 per person paid in full, or 2 payments of $1597
– Welcome drinks on arrival night
– Yummy refreshments during the workshop
– Paint magic
– Gather around 9am (Friday to Sunday)
– Learn something/fling some paint around / laugh a lot and have plenty of fun
– Break for lunch
– Come back and learn/laugh/play some more
– Finish up around 4-5pm (3pm on Sunday)
– Enjoy some alone time OR spend time with your fellow art workshoppers
– Transportation to/from retreat.
– Please bring your own canvas (we will provide the address to purchase from or ship them to in advance of the retreat), your favourite tools & brushes
Mary Lou Cook
Posted in: Blog
I am an artist, storyteller, intuitive guide, mentor and Reiki master. All my creations are infused with positive energy , inspiration, and light. I believe in magic and the power of beauty, joy, love, purpose, and creativity to transform your life. My greatest joy is helping your realize your dreams. That makes my soul sing!
RECENT BLOG POSTS